We are grateful that you are interested in choosing to take this step of commitment and become a member of Grace Church on the Island.
We want you to remember the responsibilities that church membership brings. With the aid of the Holy Spirit:
- Will you be diligent to exercise self-control so that your lifestyle exhibits both true Christian love and personal holiness?
- Will you faithfully assemble with this body of believers, striving to maintain unity, and doing all you can to stimulate love and good deeds in others as you seek to exercise your spiritual gifts in faithful service?
- Will you consistently contribute, as a good steward of God’s blessings, such time, talent, and resources, in the measure that God prospers you, so that our local and worldwide ministry of spreading the gospel may continue?
- Will you teach biblical truth to your family and acquaintances, as God gives you opportunity, with a desire to see them come to trust Jesus Christ and be saved?
- Will you always be willing to both give and receive admonition and instruction with meekness and in love?
- Will you commit to praying for the ministry here in this church, your brothers and sisters in Christ, the elders, pastors, and deacons; and for the lost who need the Savior?
*Adopted from Grace Community Church (gracechurch.org)